Sunday, July 3, 2011

Second exercise for Raining Umbrellas - "Fashion"

For the next exercise through Simply Hue artist/teacher Vicki and her Raining Umbrellas e-course, we are to describe what interests us about any aspect of the world of fashion.  Fashion is not one of my fortes, but I love clothes and admire several designers.  But I've always been fascinated by hats.  There are thousands of kinds from the Easter bonnet to cloches of the 1920's, cowboy hats, Kentucky Derby hats, hats depending on one's profession, Victorian ladies' hats, the raspberry beret and fedoras...to the English hats recently seen worn at Kate Middleton's wedding.  I chose only a few here.  Don't forget Aretha Franklin with her giant bow hat.  What ever else enters into choosing a hat for oneself, it has a lot to do with who we are inside as well as on the outside.  I definitely could not wear certain hats, and some people look great in any hat.  Then there is the figurative kind...as in "a person of many hats".  What hat suits you? I'm thinking of garden hats, a pirate's hat and a hat with a real chicken on it.  Yes, I saw it at the Ruffles and Rust sale last month in Snohomish, WA!  Now to work on this week's last assignment due tomorrow.   I could be up late again as it is beyond the thinking stage, past the drafting stage, but certainly not ready to post.  It's a little frustrating because I am so green at this blogging.  How to get one thing from here to there via the computer is more than posting only pictures, which is easy.  However, I am having fun learning and there is no pressure!!




































No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..