Thursday, August 11, 2011

Colors of summer...



I simply love the way these various artists enhanced their photos.  Today one can use any one of umpteen "aps" or Internet photo sites to add, subtract, or otherwise affect a photo. The craft has more widespread appeal than ever before.




There is a lot of "eye candy" out there on flickr, photobucket, picassa, etc.  I am particularly drawn to these softly hued colors right now.  Perhaps because of the instructor of the class I took recently.  Below you will see just one grouping of many from her shop at etsy.com called Simply Hue.  The photos work in a group as one or, just as nicely, singly.












I am hoping to get a new camera up and running soon and, if the photos are decent, post them here.  If you go to flickr be sure to leave comments as any encouragement is appreciated by the artists.  I cannot hold a candle to any of  the talented photographers.  I do have a couple of favorites locally.  They are Rosemary Bannon Tyksinkski and David Perry...and my instructor for this class, Vicki Dvorak.

                                                          by Vicki Dvorak

6 comments:

  1. lovely collection of shots here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Justine! I have to put you on my list of favorite photographers! I just visited you and really love what you do with the camera.
    I have not been keeping up on the classmates from Raining Umbrellas like I should, especially yours. Yes, aren't these nice together? I will check back later as I'm out the door. Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see your own photos dear Kathy. you have such a delightful eye for beauty :) xo

    have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ana, you are too generous. It might be awhile...other things are cropping up that need to get done. I will continue to visit your blog and a couple of others from the class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft pastels almost sepia tones of the photos, especially the sweet trailer. I like to check daily but like you am zipping off to do fun things. I am glad I checked tonight!! Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Nanc, I think what they used on these was a grainy ap plus another I'm just learning about. Looking forward to going out and shooting pictures all day....soon.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..