Monday, September 12, 2011

Goodbye summer...



In a last minute attempt to hang onto summer, I retrieved a few photos selected from my stash taken from a multitude of photos by many people. ( I did not take them) to carry me through to the next trip to the ocean.   No doubt there will be a different forecast and the skies will be gray or stormy.  That is just fine with me, for it's cozy inside and it's another opportunity to beach comb and smell the salty air I love.















Blue and white as well as red and yellow are associated with the beach.  I chose some in blue and gray for this post.  I did think about adding some special effects from picnik.com  but decided against it.  All are reminders of a recent visit.  The old VW bus with surfboards for nostalgia, the homemade sea shell mobile, a favorite lighthouse in Cape Cod, some buoys and an oar for nautical decor, a soft pillow for the head while reading, a beachy wreath, Jonathon Livingston Seagull (if you are familiar with his story), and the sound of waves and waves and more waves.



                                                                                

5 comments:

  1. These are such wonderful photographs, and wonderful memories of a beautiful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely sellection dear Kathy :) have a great time by the ocean. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe a time share by the ocean???? Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful selection, love how you have put this post together

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..