Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fun with depression glass color...

Having started out collecting the green depression glass, liking my mother's taste,  it wasn't long before I fell in love with the pink and the yellow.  I am not fond of the blue or dark green.  What I am am really on the lookout for is a combination (watermelon glass) green and pink pitcher to use for iced tea on a summer occasion.  I should have bought the one I saw in Oregon several years ago for $65.  Then there are the watermelon glass goblets and glasses.  I have a full set of the pink with the green stem that you see in the picture below but I'm hoping to find more of the rarer reversed glasses in the same pattern....but with a green bowl and a pink stem/foot. 


Anyway, I thought about the colors in the hand made needlepoint cover of the old stool that my grandmother Eva made many years ago.  I put the above set of glass item on top of it and aimed straight down to get the results you see below:
None of the other attempts at fading or what not turned out better than these two photos.  So, while pretty, one cannot see the flowers from that perspective. 


I love the hand me down items inherited from my mother and grandmothers.  Needless to say, I have simply added to the 
collections from time to time....like spoons.....how I love the spoons and spooners!  That is for another post sometime.


1 comment:

  1. Love the yellow depression glass and how perfect to have the two colors as your favorite and that they have reverse stems and tops! Good luck with the collection. Your love of family vintage is evident with these lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to each blog. N

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..