Thursday, November 10, 2011

A color pallet to ponder...





















This grouping has been on my back burner for some time.  Needless to say these are not photos I've taken, but rather ones of other artists' work that I came across and didn't always have the source for or neglected to make note of.  To me, the colors would be wonderful for a fall or winter wedding or a Christmas party or a summer lawn party....the deep purple, the shades of teal and  red, and lighter blues and lavender come together with a touch of mustard in places and have the effect of causing me to dream and my heart to flutter a bit.

But maybe it is more the images themselves that push my imagination further.  The muses are forever a favorite subject, their sprightly selves dancing together, though the colors are muted for the period effect, however here I count 10 instead of nine  I see delphiniums or hollyhocks in the impressionist garden painting.  The model holding the pink flowers could be a bridesmaid at a lovely outdoor wedding.  The princess and the pea, a girls' fairy tale, and what girl would not want to bounce up on that bed with so many mattresses!!  Now maybe someone can help me with the last photo taken of some one's painting....I hope so, as I can't find anything online myself.  I adore it!  At first I thought a string quartet in Mozart garb, a fun gig someone had at this particular venue?.  Or, is this something Amadeus might have actually done in his flamboyant lifetime?  Is is a true depiction?   Is it a fine art piece that I cannot locate - or is it some person's version of a vision of theirs of a scene they would like to see played out?  

I fall into the last category as I would love to be there in person,  to hear the sound of the mini orchestra that includes the sea.  I'm imagining a long dining table on the beach as well with many guests and delicious fare and delightful cakes being served....perhaps people are dancing in their bare feet in the sand into the late evening hours, drinking champagne as the sun goes down.  So, I thought I would share this and possibly find out what other ideas it might prompt or what it might suggest to others, as I would love to hear them.

Kathy


5 comments:

  1. Definitely the princess and the pea, my niece was in the play in high school so have fond memories of that story as well as I buy her different copies of the story when I find them. The music scene in the water is what could have happened when they found the piano on a high piece of ground in maybe the Potomac or the Hudson?? :-) Is the soft brown painting perhaps months of eras gone by and not sure why ten girls and 9 names. The top four are the dreamiest together - you really have an eye for grouping things. Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nanc. I'm glad you appreciate the post..each picture is so different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh they're a fantastic group, beautiful each one. I love the colors you've combined, and there's a feel of romance that's undeniable. I truly love your blog. it's unique and refreshing. happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so delightful :) made me travel into a fairy tale. the art you choose to this collage is dreamy and you're definitely a storyteller sweetie. thank you for this wonderful dream where everything is perfect. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear people like this...thanks, Becky, Nanc, & Ana.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..