Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Collage...



I got a bit behind this last weekend and am just now putting up the photos for Scavenger Hunt Sunday  You will see some unique Christmas photos entered there, perfect for home made cards and fun work published by really good photographers.  These are my contributions in response to the 5 categories or prompts that you can follow below:


1.    Less is More                          

A cherished porcelain angel, one of five given to me years ago.  This lone angel is the only one that has both wings intact due to young ones picking them up.  The crocheted lace doily was made by one of my grandmothers and it has been in the little frame for many years.  It is one of my favorite ornaments to display during Christmas.


2.  Christmas Lights - (I played over at Picnik for awhile to get the effects)   3. Ornament - Glass jar with little gold tree and snow inside and lace for a nice touch.    4.  A Cup of Cheer - I found these vintage cups and saucers on eBay last year and am looking forward to filling them with hot chocolate and marshmallows soon.   5.  The Nativity - a wee one with figures cemented onto a small 3" octagonal mirror made when we were in Girl Scouts in the 1950's. How fun to share them with you.   ;-)

6 comments:

  1. love all your shots here especially that cup and saucer, they are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello kkkkaty

    Thank you for caring.
    I loved the Christmas arrangements.
    It's a date I got a lot of taste.
    A happy Christmas to you and your entire family.
    Regards,

    André Tavares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done - love how you organized the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lace doily and extra special because made by a grandmother. It would be hard for me to put away each year after the holidays. Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanc, it is for me as well..thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..