Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday...already

Time flies by when one is housebound...finally, the roads are clear and what is left is the cleaning up of debris from the ice storm.  However I am still needing to to say at  home most of the time,  keeping my foot immobilized for the duration of 6 weeks due to a torn Achilles tendon due to bone spurs on my heel.  Therefore, I have very few new photos...but I have collected several from my stash taken earlier in the year for Scavenger Hunt Sunday, which I started doing because of the fun word prompts.. this week they are:


1.  Sunset...
This was taken in Gearhart, Oregon last year.  I go there several times a year to beach comb, breathe salty air, stay in the Inn there, browse the one antique shop, and for nostalgic reasons.
2.  Black & White...
My mannequin, Milly, who has been dressed in the same lacy white top and straw hat all year and sits on my dresser with a picture of my granny.  This summer she will most likely don a vintage bathing suit, scarf and sunglasses. I was able to use any premium apps yesterday over at Picnik.com as they are closing shop  in April and kindly allowing anyone use their site,  at their leisure, until then.. free of charge.  Here is a little texture.  Then I realized it is more sepia toned and added the more apt black & white photo below that I arranged.  Also, you see a vintage streetcar being used by citizens of Butte, Montana in the 1890's.  The old photo is in my great aunt Bessie's album.



3.  A Day in My Life...Easy one, as my 9 year old grandson was here for the weekend and snapped this picture before we started our game.








4.  Four...as in set of 4:
Part of a project I am working on for the family heritage album/book which I started last summer and have only begun to scratch the surface of.  My grandfather, Ned, his mother Alice below him.  My grandmother Eva fishing and a group gathered together in 1925 or so at a real picnic in Butte, Montana.  My mother was 1 year old.



1.  Colorful:   
A tiny cloisonne box lid close up macro shot...




Scavenger Hunt SundayScavenger Hunt SundayScavenger Hunt Sunday

13 comments:

  1. I love your sunset! I also heard about Picnik, I was very disappointed, I love to use their site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another hunter from the Pacific NW! Love your heritage shots so ambitious of you to track down the family tree. Take care of your ankle, your sunset shot is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set - love those old family photos and your sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sky and an excellent view of the sunset, very nice old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of the things I love about scavenger hunt is it allows me an intimate look into the lives of people I really don't even know but for the internet. your photos this week are very intimate and I think they're fantastic. I especially like the photo of your grandmother fishing - excellent! those vintage photos are a treasure. happy week to you Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful set. The Sunset was gorgeous.
    Very nice BW shots - love the vintage feel.
    Your 4 series was awesome. I love looking at old family photos.
    How fun that your Grandson was a part of A Day in Your Life.
    Your Colorful was cool. My mom has a box with a similar design on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what great photos!!! love the sunset

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the old photos are great, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Six weeks of immobility.
    Drat.
    I do hope you are weathering it well. Lots of books and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A happy week to those who stopped by and left a thought or two. It's drizzling heavily outside, a good day to be at home. Even though I can drive without the boot, it is awkward taking it on and off so many times getting in and out of the car. I'm content to occupy myself watching the ducks enjoy a good rain while I enjoy a good read and possibly make a dent in a project...

    ReplyDelete
  11. as always we end up more rich with each one of your posts. this set tells so many special stories, this should be a page of your project/album! it even includes your grandson :) love it. makes me travel in time.

    thank you for all the sweet words you wrote to me on my misadventures. you're a special friend too and I'm glad somehow you're part of my life now. always so peaceful and wise. I'm having some good days now, so I guess I'm better :)

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang, I've been going stir crazy after 4 days on crutches, so I can't imagine having to endure it for 6 weeks. Your collection of vintage photos are beautiful.
    I understand the inconvenience of driving without the boot that you must take on and off. It is easier to stay put - I hope your recovery is quick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so fortunate to have all those old family photos. They are gems! Love the colors in your sunset capture! Winter is making me feel starved for color. Hope your healing goes well.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..