Wednesday, February 1, 2012

500 Years of Female Portraits in Western Art...

Credit for posting to UTube below:


I really have not wanted to use my blog to share as one shares on face book, but this particular video, shared with me via a face book friend, touched the ganglia in the creative side of my brain.  If you have already seen it, I apologize for adding something so popular or mundane (from 2007) to your day. But, if you haven't, I think many will appreciated the art involved in producing it. 


Moreover, perhaps from the viewpoint of a player in a like game of 'Concentration', you might enjoy pairing and identifying the artwork or women with their artists/creators/originators in history.  

I certainly don't have all the answers to such a game or test, nor do I have the time to research each face, but I recognize many..and am sure you are as curious about some, as I am. One could use a pencil and paper to write down as many names one knows, I suppose...;)

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen this and love it. I can identify a few artists but am going to view it over a couple of times. Thank you for sharing, a blog is for this as much as anything else that you like, love, produce, write and enjoy!! Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never seen this either and it was fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..