Monday, February 20, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday ..2-19-12...

Scavenger Hunt Sunday
Today we were supposed to take photos using these word prompts:  Love, Duplicated, Trendy, Paper and Plastic:
I combined Love and Paper...
I was lucky when I found this old Valentine in a scrapbook of my great Aunt Bessie.  It is made with painted paper that has a starchy quality and is well preserved, is addressed to her in Butte, Montana in Jan. of 1908, postage, 2cents. On the back is a colored pencil drawing of an elegant lady which it titled A Girl From Butte.
It goes on with quotes: "Tell me pretty maiden, is there any more at home like you?" "Are yez commin out tonight?"  "Miss Montana", "Hang on to yourself", signed "Duff".  All her photos suggest she was a lively lady.


Duplicated...
Went to my granddaughter's volleyball tournament today when I took this photo with an unsteady hand...


I combined Trendy and Plastic...
Lego is back as a popular passtime for kids of all ages, to the point of making robots and programming them.  The light was poor for this one.
Scavenger Hunt Sunday

18 comments:

  1. very original the way you joined the prompts. I love your duplicate. great set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet to have a collection of your Great Aunt Bessie's love letters/notes from the early 1900s - as popular as Downton Abby is at the moment, items from that time period could also fulfill the 'trend' category as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE your love/paper image! What a wonderful treasure you have! I'm fascinated with the perfect penmanship on the postcard! Your duplicate shot is pretty amazing!! Shakey cameras turn out some pretty cool images!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy, yes, I am fortunate to have some interesting family memoirs.

      Delete
  4. What an interesting duplicated shot - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That letter is really special! I miss the times when "snail mail" was popular - and a man actually took the time to court a lady. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your LOVE & PAPER is very interesting. I too miss getting letters in the mail. But, as my grandmother used to say, "In order to get them, you have to send them." Guess I could do a better job of that. I had a nice time visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice series. - Your Love/Paper was so interesting. I love seeing old vintage stuff like that.
    Duplicated was pretty cool, I like the out of focus look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the accidents can be keepers..thanks, Ida..

      Delete
  8. Wow...love your duplicated shot! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you came up with some fun and creative shots for Ashley's Scavenger Hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely captures for each of the challenges, thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..