Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Haiku Wednesday.. and a Room With a View Slide Show......& 52 Photo Project..

Haiku Wednesday ..Happiness



Peacock shards of light
pierce lacy stretching branches
nature's fibrous frame

Let your soul capture
the blue bird of happiness
alighting therein

Winter passed just days ago and I find myself with fresh views from my bedroom which 
faces Clover Creek.  Before, an ice storm snapped tree branches, my sweet cat, Molly, could not 
find her way back home to me, and then the loss of a dear neighbor and friend.  The visages of age are made apparent with a red fiberglass cast on my left arm (more about that in  my next post). How did 65 years go by so quickly?  March 31, 1947.  Like thousands of feet of mini dreams spliced together on a flickering 
reel of old film, it continues like the slow locomotive flow of the creek.  


I pretend I'm sitting on a cloud, like a child imagining, and ask:  Were there still fairies that 
disappear in a half wink among the trees?  Will there be bands of gold when I reach the sea?  And will the heirloom seeds I planted yesterday grow?  How to control the fluttering at my collarbone as I see moonbeams reflect on the creek, so different from the phosphorescent  light tripping at night. 
 Sought after dreams are still dreams.





But I take heed of the trees' whispers, as more color spills from the garden by day, new lilacs
 and honeysuckle budding, waiting for monarchs and hummingbirds to arrive.  The fluffy yolk of the sun  forms a bridge to my front door where I will hang a springtime wreath.  Quilted jelly jars on the shelf, waiting to be filled with blueberry jam.  I hope the hollyhocks bloom a regal red.  Spring breathes eternally and faith is restored with buttercream frosting on my cake.  Family and friends mark the date with cards and forever smiles.  As the creek flows into a lake, it becomes a river which flows to the sea.  The mosaiced ocean 
calls for me.  A misty morning on the boardwalk, pink clouds shaped like ponies on the horizon, gulls 
write an opus in the breeze. The eye follows till it reaches the blue midnight air. A new- found, 
heightened state of joy and peace is at the heart of me.

52photosproject

Outside my door

15 comments:

  1. A beautiful post and such wonderful photographs, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy ~ excellent haiku and wonderful photos ~ Wow ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely haiku duo. Happiness can be found everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that first haiku. It sounds like this spring has certainly been a roller coaster for you. Spring blessings are truly to be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your photo of spring bulbs with raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that "peacock shard of light"

    shifting gears senryu


    verification makes it really hard to comment. you'd get more comments if you turned it off. i had to do this several times to get it to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image of crocus in the rain. You really nailed the ambience with the sharp focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your set of haiku and the photos are beautiful. The second haiku is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you captured some gorgeous light in that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes life just deals us a bad hand -- I'm sure your writing helps to deal with your grieving and loss. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed your post. Beautifully written and the images capture the many moods of nature! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. To each of you, I so appreciate your comments; especially when I post themes out of the framework or context of designated photo or poetry sites with certain entry days...because I want the blog to appeal and reach beyond, to a wide variety of people. I'm surprised it continues from it's inception and I would venture to shout a "hoorah', but I'll keep it a bit more subdued, for I know there is a lot of room for improvement, when I read so many talented artist's work through your blogs;)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday to you! It sounds as though there is some introspection happening... some revisiting. 65 is young! There is much life yet to be lived, and the best days of your life may lay ahead. Only one way to find out.

    Great haiku - sorry you hurt your arm. Hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that little flowers outside your door, great capture

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..