Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Pelican Brief...PAF..

Not too  late.....and there are more interesting entries if you go to:  Photo Art Friday

For this week's texture art photo we were asked to create and submit an art photo using 
what we have learned about layering and use the theme of one of our favorite books..any book.  Well, I 
chose a series of law and order type books which were made into movies.   Aaron Sorkin wrote A Few Good Men and John Grisham was the author of both The Firm and The Pelican Brief.  I went with the latter, using a photo of my late father's Appellate Court law books, a photo of the scales he had in his chambers 
as a judge.  Using texture of antique lettering and a stock photo of a pelican, I put them all 
together.  I'm not used to the Pixlr site yet, but this is what I came up with today; it is 
a bit 'off' because I was used to picnik and don't have photoshop;
the editing and blending could be much better and I thought the tutorial was poor,
but...it was fun to put together;)

10 comments:

  1. I love the creative layering in this photo! I am also trying to make the transition from picnik (I loved it!) to pixlr (hmmmm) ... you have clearly been more obvious than I have in making that transition! bravo!
    P.S. I love your "about me"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet; we will keep at it, won't we?!

      Delete
  2. You have edited the many layers into a lovely whole, Kathy. I just love it when I find ways to incorporate meaningful family momentos into my photo art. You have done so beautifully here. Thank you for sharing with PAF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, thank you so much...I think that is why I am doing this...to have a unique record of "things".;)

      Delete
  3. Love this and loved the movie. Thanks for dropping by my blog and for leaving a comment.

    Capture Life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very original treatment for the book title--the image caught my attention in Bonnie's gallery so I had to come over and investigate. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this composite! The colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love colors of harmony and composition :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! So much fun playing with layers! Colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out great. I love that you used meaningful items from your father to create your art piece.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..