Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nancy's flowers...Texture Tuesday

     
Sharing with:  
kimklassendotcom









This sweet flower came from the garden of my longtime friend, Nancy.  I know she will tell us it's name when she sees this; for the life of me I cannot think of it now.  They are puffy little things and very plentiful, and make a pretty fresh tiny        bouquet in a little vase...

                   Now I realize the vintage bell in front is out of proportion to the calendar, but I didn't 
             want to turn back and start over because of the 3 layers....it is particularly apt because she is a                 sunshine person ...and this June has had more rainfall than most years here in the Pacific Northwest,  but you
                                               see light coming through the window pane!

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous.
    I love the way you composed this,and your edit is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is the old friend Nancy that you were meaning the name of the plant is helianthemum and it comes is so many colors and all blooming right now - yellow, pink, white, red and orange, I began with orange. Fun to see the beauties in your blog!!! :-) Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Nanc..I look forward to it blooming each year. I'm happy to share it with everyone! I'm adding a shot of the them in the vase but they are almost gone..didn't think of it early enough.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely are those flowers? So nice of your friend to share them with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful :) your photography is improving each time I visit. well done sweet Kathy! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Ana...I don't concentrate on the photography as much as I need to on my blog..there is so much to learn. Since I like to write I am doing more of that lately..and painting a bit now and then..some I will post in awhile..have a good night where you are ;-)

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..