Tuesday, July 31, 2012

French Door Reflection...

My contribution to today's Open Link Night at dVerse Poets Pub - where we are to 
share a tale that should not be forgotten - is simply a few moments in time, the tale left more to the imagination. In my mind for some time, it needed to be written and 
put on paper so to speak...I hope it fits with the theme...



In my reflection 
no blemishes can be found
Only peachy soft sunlight


Wavy glass panes guard
my vulnerability
Empty porch swing waits 


Imperfections lost
unless you peer deep inside
Past the netted screen


Double doors ajar
rusty hinges whine in, out
Gloaming falls on me

Raspberry gold beams
widen my ready spread arms
To your twilight song

Almost home at last
boots faithfully rest on stoop
How fortunate I

Knowing you know me 
reflected in your eyes now
Eve's far from over


by klr

11 comments:

  1. very beautiful imagery. I feel the need to look deeper, beyond the netted screen. love your description of the evening sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this enigmatic piece. Very intriguing and beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one ... loved going through it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nicely worked metaphor, and one of my favorite words, 'gloaming' help make this a cool and refreshing piece. Thanks for linking with us--and on Open Link Nights, there isn't really any required theme--you can share any poem you like. But this one suited the idea of underlining a memory very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those last two stanzas are specially lovely ~ Like the twilight song ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mysterious but enticing! There's a lot of hope in those waiting eyes! Nicely done! kkkaty!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh la la, I love this. it's fantastic in all regards - I especially like the mood and the orange cast to the light. it flows beautifully. happy week to you kkkaty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like how the visible reflects the invisible here...the emotions and thoughts... a beautifully crafted metaphor..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to have the double EVE! k.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes i like the boots
    and the joy of completing a long journey

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..