Sunday, July 15, 2012

French Twist...Cinema ..poem in honor of Le Quatorze Juillet



This is my first time submitting to http://dversepoets.com.  dVerse Poets PubMy muse was nudged when this week's theme
 caught my eye.  Spanish is my forte, but lately I've the urge to learn French, see France, am attracted to French decor. My poetry form of choice is a series of haiku.  And after, if you like, take a look at three new French movies worth seeing HERE in honor of Bastille Day..

I used to pretend I lived in a high clock tower in Provence, surrounded by countryside amidst fields of 
windmills and poppies.  Sewing red, white, and bleu French knots, where nuns flew with aplomb, in another life, by the sea.


"Cinema Francois"

Impressed upon me
since nineteen fifty seven
cinema Francois
My French connection
began with The Red Balloon
then Francois Truffaut


Madeline's bold scar
long dark mustache of Clouseau
and Brigit Bardot
Gene Kelly emerged 
choreographed a dance troupe
Les Girls in Paris


 Les Miserables 
 poignant oppressed legacy
in theatres soon
Crystallized onscreen
Joan', Cosette and Josephine
epic heroines


Cyrano, Legrand
 plush seats, awards, Belle de Jour
  Cannes Film festival
New romance blossomed 
in A Man and a Woman 
goosebumps from Louis

Newman played the blues
 Jordan sang with Chevalier
came demure Denueve
  In Paris' bleu rain
  walked Dietrich and Miss Caron
Jack N. sings La Mer

New luminaries
Marion channels Piaf
Juliette plays nurse
Achieving applause
The Esprit of Depardieu
Kline in a French Kiss


The Triumph of France
not toast, duvets or French fries
Vive Chocolat!
Je t' amie Woody
Now we've Midnight in Paris 
Time to leave my chez


Grab my umbrella
don my indigo beret
looking for Cezanne


by klr











French Twist...

25 comments:

  1. This is terrific. Each and every reference is beautifully linked with a deft touch - and they are such great ones. The end ties it all up wonderfully - I want to dance off with Gene and Lesley! K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it ... what a great way to pay a tribute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you participated! dVerse is a wonderful way to discover new voices and hear feedback on our own!
    Enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..I've read some very good poems here;-)

      Delete
  4. very cool...some great films...will watch midnight in paris soon...it's next week or so in our open air cinema..love french kiss as well and as a kid we were always watching le gendarme des saint-tropez with a wonderful louis de funes...brought back some memories...and warm welcome at dVerse as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is a surprising movie...thank you for the warm welcome!

      Delete
  5. nice...very cool approach with all the ref...having never been there this is how i know france as well and through the eyes of others...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I think we won't be disappointed should we go one day...

      Delete
  6. Lovely references to the French movies and connections, though I haven't seen most of it ~

    Nice to meet you at D'verse ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!
    I will definitely be checking out the movies.
    Thank you.
    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. You definitely are a 'francophile.' Is that you you spell it? You really showed, through your words, some of the wonders of the French and France.

    Oh, I like your name as well. KKKaty has a charming ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize myself the influence until I began writing..
      kkkkaty is a song of same name from the swing era....and also the character Katy in "The Way We Were", played by Barbra Streisand, is teased with it in the movie. ;-)

      Delete
  9. I love it too. your poetry is magic. you're a storyteller dear friend. xxo

    p.s. I've a giveaway on my blog 'sixty-two': http://staringthebirds.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  10. You folded each piece with magical connections. There were moments where I was sitting in those plush seats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so excellent!!!!! Nanc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Nanc..FYI the post of Molly and the Circus is not finished...soon..

      Delete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..