Thursday, September 8, 2011

Seattle's Dowtown Public Library...


These were taken last year when my granddaughter and I visited the fairly new Public Library Downtown Seattle to borrow some books for a project....it had been raining...


I was struck by her interest in the shapes and lines of the architecture and the art in the building. If the cell phone battery would not have run down she would have taken more photos
This is just a sample of what it's like. On a sunny day the windows would be letting in much more light, of course. It was a fun excursion, as most of the Public Libraries are older and a bit musty. Plus it had all the latest technology for making the checking out and returning of books a lot quicker. The scanner was able to read the titles of four stacked books, reading through them like an Xray machine much like those used at the airport for security. Then it was time for a hot chocolate at Starbucks ;-()


























6 comments:

  1. hi dear Kathy :) this could be a Photographic {Tour} for wonderland feature. and your words are always so enriching. hope you get your camera soon, would love to have you featured on my blog :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ana, but I don't know if I can keep up with you! You are so ambitious and up on everything. I'm still learning about how to fix and change things on the blog and I am viewing the two intructional dvds that came with the camera (a bargain point and shoot..not fancy at all). I should have something by next week and I will venture over to wonderland to see what's up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libraries and lattes - such happiness and when shared with a granddaughter hard to think of a perfect word - maybe just the word perfect :-)!
    Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, thank you for the wonderful tour! This looks like a magnificent building. I can understand why your granddaughter was struck by all of those wonderful lines. Fantastic architecture!
    I hope your weekend was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We didn't get any pictures of the inside book shelves as they were art as well..
    Thank you Nanc, Pamela, and Lisa..I hope to have new photos from my new camera in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..