Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Haiku Wednesday ...Love...

The topic this week for Sensational Haiku Wednesday is fittingly the word 'Love'.  I had just watched the 1955 movie Summertime with Katherine Hepburn and Rossano Brazzi..


Touching clear blue skies
Olive trees pattern the hill
An old stone chapel


Two hearts with claret
melodies chained together
A nucleus forms



Whispers of coupling 
Lighting a torch of madness
Exciting the earth  
  
Essence of true love
Adventure of a lifetime
or a fool's Eden


by klr













11 comments:

  1. Wonderful haiku ~ I really like them all ~namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the archaic term...Coupling!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get the grand prize this week. I LOVE this and the last line is a zinger... "or a fool's Eden". Oh, may I forever remain a fool, then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful display of love's journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ... old romantic movies can get those love thoughts flowing -- glad you took advantage of your muse's mood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellou again :)

    Oh, how lovely black&white photo. So LOVELY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my muse, yes, and thank you Margaret, Tara, Becca, Carol, G-man, and Merike ;)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful haiku and nicely done. I loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous set of haiku! I also adore that Hepburn photo - everyone should experience an embrace like that. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..