Friday, April 13, 2012

Ode to Molly...

I had put this together not realizing it could be used for today's entry, so it lacks having the poem or part of it in the actual photo; instead there you will find faint words from one of Bonnie's textures...I could have altered it more, but thought this would suffice for now;)
Photo Art Friday






Molly was fearful when I adopted her
I wonder what was the cause of her trauma
At first she'd hide in the fireplace,
her coat, soot, with highlights of gold and auburn
She resembled Lauren Bacall
And had the tortie attitude to match
We bonded gradually as I brushed her;
declawed paws kneaded me but didn't scratch.


Birds and critters entertained her from outside
And while she slept she softly snored 
She liked to nestle on my hip as I lay on my side
until she was not sleepy or became bored
She had collected some balls and feathered toys
 under my bed for wee hour melee
I can still hear the faint bell she wore
I couldn't save her and she did not run away


We  were each other's gifts for awhile
she didn't go outside except to sun bathe
I'll never know just what happened;
would she return from her adventure unscathed?
I called for her and searched online, everywhere
My fault the door that day was ajar
After days away in the cold,
had fright of crashing branches sent her far?


Weeks later she was found 
just four doors down,  unable to walk 
She had suffered a stroke the veterinarian said 
and  was deliriously in shock
Her instinct to land on both feet was gone 
I wanted to take her home to heal
What a blessing to see each other again
Her grateful green eyes didn't see me,
but she knew I was there,
and purred tranquilly as I held her head 
in  prayer




by klr



18 comments:

  1. OMG I'm crying. What terrible emotional pain you must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. Molly was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How touching and poignant. Molly was a beauty and her memory will live on in your beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies; I just noticed that in the application of the layering her white whiskers were not highlighted, but rather, muted. They are there, but blurred;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lite sorgligt om din katt. Fin bild.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Molly and a heart breaking tribute . . .
    and I am comforted that Molly will always be a part of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a touching tribute to your Molly! The treatment of your photograph of her is lovely and your poem makes such a purrrfect pairing. Thank you for linking it up with PAF Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so,so sorry.
    Such a lovely tribute to Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very sorry Kathy.
    This is such a beautiful tribute to Molly.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's so hard to lose a much loved pet and I can sympathise having lost a cat very similar to your Molly. It's a beautiful tribute to her

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..