Monday, May 28, 2018

Sounds of Silence











































































































Frank offers today's Haibun theme -  "silent sounds".  We are to comment on the  internal chatter going on, which we hear, qbut has no sound.



As suspected, after cutting the cable tv cord, I feel differently.  No more background noise leads me to live vicariously othes' lives via various favorite channels. Also, I am without wifi for a time.  An introvert, I'm used to keeping myself company and entertain myself quite nicely. However, I am more acutely aware of nature alone interrupted by noises I make. Intangibly, sounds of silence are amplified in matters of the heart, the substance of every day living.

Untrained ears and eyes are struck by beating waves and sparkling reflections of sun on water.  Profound changes are wrought by having fresh conversations with the wind, letting ideas drive through clogged highways of the brain, and sifting memories time and again.
More pours in so more may be given out. The world didn't collapse.

Melting lava flows

I quiver as plum skies fall -
worth a thousand words

7 comments:

  1. We cut our cable as well years ago, but still have internet. The choice of what we click on seems greater. I like those fresh conversations with the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the world didn't collapse....indeed- while these conversations take place. Lovely haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps...the brown of the text blends in with the background...maybe white text will work. I copied and pasted your haibun into word...so I could read it. It was well worth the effort though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful to tune out sometimes. I love the plum skies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "More pours in so more may be given out. The world didn't collapse." I agree. My mom worries about my love of solitude. But, without it all is chaos for me. And as Sara said, love that plum sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh conversations with an uncluttered brain... the only way to hear the silent words! Very nice.
    dwight

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of nature as you show it here... plum skies is wonderful

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..