Monday, December 3, 2018

November Moon







































































































November Moon



I watch the ins and outs of sandy bays
and rock coves, 
wade the shallow water of the Salish Sea,
Illuminated by the November moon.
Every breath I take, step I take,
prepares me for life without sun and water
untiI finally, I can let it be.

The Earth is the apple of our eye,
deserves so much more than we
seem able to give.
I wish my pet flavors, colors, 
favorites of everything
the will to survive, to live.
This isn’t how it was meant to be,
the pulsing globe is a mortal being.

In the garden of my all days, 

bees never sting,
The sound of surf, the eagle’s wings,
the changing driftwood winds,
the November moon, all
take the pain from my swollen heart,
tend to the swelling
in my feet.

As I re-read letters he wrote from the war
I wish I were a doctor of pure magic.
I'd string a necklace of sweet words
and tiny seashells,
scented with Plumeria.
to place around his neck,
as a blessing,
for all I learned from him.
We would ride Pegasus on
Intergalactic winds



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..