Friday, August 26, 2011

Beachy collage



When we ended our e-course at Simply Hue for the Raining Umbrellas class we each sent another person a small handmade creation as a gift.  This was made for me, with care, by Sylvia Latham of Seasons + Change = Life blog and I love it!  Her photographs are a collage of items found by the sea.  Knowing that is my favorite thing in the world, she put them together in this collage....shells, more shells in a bottle, the texture of a stone wall and some green foliage in the background.  A rustic lantern containing shells and a more rustic wall with a graffiti like message to remember. 

I really like the balance of the photographs as well as the colors:  creams, browns, and golds.  My scanner did not pick up the full beauty of it as it is really a square collage with a nice black border and the copy above is rectangular. It will go perfectly with other "beachy" items in my guest bathroom.  I only hope that the gift I sent to another classmate will please her half as much as this
does me.  Thank you, Sylvia.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    I share your love of shells and can never resist filling my pockets with them whenever I stroll by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela! I feel honored to have had a visit and a comment from you. I must admit a desire to emmulate you; your talents are finely tuned and your blog is so pleasing to my senses, my mind, and soul or psyche. Kudos all around. Soon, it's off to the ocean I go to do some beachcombing this weekend for the last days of a beautiful summer here in the PNW...a two hour drive from here and a different cute cottage this time. I like to pretend I'm Jessica Fletcher and off to solve another mystery in the blink of an eye and type away with a view of the sea out my window. I do hope you have escaped any danger of Irene where you and Edward are. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really captured your love of the ocean with beach and shells. Off you go to your bliss. Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, she did! And the rustic containers...
    Thanks for the comment. See you after I've had my Bliss fix, Nanc.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is so lovely, I absolutely love the colours, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! so much treats to read! been absent for a while. busy and very sleepy all at the same time. but I'm so happy for you :) I still haven't got my gift and I wonder who will send it and what will be. I love good surprises :) came today to wish you a great September since you're going on vacation (if I'm not mistaken) and leave you a warm hug :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Justine!

    Wishing you a great September, too, Ana. Part of my vacation was postponed but I did go to the ocean for a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..