Tuesday, February 13, 2018


































































































Monday's Quadrille #50 over at dversepoets and the word is "murmur"...using exactly 44 words.


Helicopter Seeds

Delayed by turbulent morning breeze,
whirled onto my front porch,
helicopter seeds.
I pondered what all falls from the folds of God
onto a mountain slope,
colors its face in radiant hope.
What voices murmur in forests' cradle,
but tender footsteps in soft ambiance.









9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I feel the wonder of watching seeds fall gently into the ground.

    Have a great day, Kathy. :-)

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the part about "falls from the folds of God" and the voices murmuring in the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the helicopter seeds... and the tender footsteps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this is beautiful. I love the "tender footsteps" in the last line.
    I had to highlight the poem to be able to read it (for me, it shows up on your photo, and gets lost.) Wondering if others are having the same issue?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could read your poem but the background image obscures the words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tis an important question to ask and one which it seems , your poem seeks to answer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning!πŸ’– I could dwell in those closing lines forever.πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love this - we used to play with them as kids - we glued them to our nose and played rhino - loving the forest cradle as well and the tender footsteps there in the close

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you stopped by and like it! Yes, they are funny little things.

      Delete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..