Monday, April 16, 2018

Seeds of Spring

















































































dversepoets
Monday Haibun

Victoria has kindly asked us to write a Chijitsu or kego, a Japanese poetic form  which refers to the transitional time of dawn or dusk, spring  and fall, a lingering. It is a paragraph or so, finalized with haiku.


Seeds of Spring

Summer left me..my heart slumped to the ground. Pummeling rain has been my companion since, keeping my heart safe with books and other such indoor friends. Now, lilac and cherry blossoms take their turn to fall.  I'm keenly mindful of roses under terra firma, as they harness their reserve to flourish again, Spring is late.  I wish it would stay all year - for it's resplendent parade of color, blended scents, baby insects fleeing on their journeys, however short.
Does and their fawns arrive to feed on grass. Birds return, eyeing me warily, yet with familiarity. They still keep their distance, except for the chicadees.
By their sharper chirps or alighting on my sleeve for a split second, they remind me their seed is almost gone...my heart again ascends.

Spring rallies my heart
All life's possibilities
tremble with the earth



16 comments:

  1. Kathy--I couldn't read the poem against the background. I tried to cut and past here but it didn't want me to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thought of one's heart ascending when one realizes the chickadees need more seed. A good reason to feed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that spring or summer stay and linger on ~ Love your haiku of that spring heart ~

    ReplyDelete

  4. Dear Kathy,
    I had trouble reading your font - size and colour - so I had to cut and paste it. I'm glad I did as I love reading poems that are from a different perspective!
    I love the picture you have painted of you reading books while the rain pummels your windows and the fading and dropping of lilac and cherry blossoms, and the lines from the haiku:
    'All life's possibilities
    tremble with the earth'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring has so many aspects... love the way you can find your books and wait for the rain to cease...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a long wait here in the Pacific Northwest. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Lovely word painting of the beginning of spring. The birds, the insects, even, and the deer--all of nature awakening! Wonderful haiku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victotia Yes, without the insects, if would be catastrophic.

      Delete
  7. My vision of this post is the words are superimposed over your beautiful photograph. I can't read it. I cut and paste the entire poem but I'm wondering if there is a glitch somewhere as I can't imagine this is what you want.

    the chickadees alighting upon you sleeve - reminding you to fill their feeder - I loved that as I too have been found an object of many eyes and fluttering wings - waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to depend on one's type of computer..I know the invisible color option is hard to read through and try to edit the poem by scrolling down quite a way before I start to write. For some it is too far in the other direction if not a cell phone. I may have to change my blog page photo jas and format. I so appreciate your comment, Margaret.

      Delete
    2. It happens when I don't scroll down enough before I begin to write...trying to improve it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    3. It happens when I don't scroll down far enough before typing. Thank you you for your comment.

      Delete
  8. Love the prose and most especially the haiku! “All life’s possibilities tremble with the earth.” That rumbling .. the birthing sounds of the earth😊

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..