Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fun color!

 Need I say more?  I borrowed these bright photos (some with copyrights) and just  had to put them together!  I love the striped dress as it speaks for a different era and I think just to wear it would make one happy.   And, oh, I once had a beach ball just like the one above....didn't we all?    A zebra of multi-colored stripes is almost surreal.  For some heavier content I added the stack of books or cds for each color is found in them as the other photos.  I especially  like  the paintbrush, an art object here, beautifully photographed. 

The glass violin shaped bottles are called Vibots and were made mostly in the 30's and 40's and I personally have collected 8  of them, each a different color.  I started with the amethyst, which is the oldest, and then added the blue, green, amber and turquoise.  Later I found a cranberry colored one on ebay and also a lighter green and a light pink. Yet to purchase is a cobalt blue one, commom and easy to find,  and a yellow one, which will be difficult to locate.  Such fun they are to put in a sunny window, which I haven't done yet because I don't have wide enough window sills.  Anyway, the theme is the use of vibrant color, found everywhere, of course, but I particulaly like these for their flair.

3 comments:

  1. Vibots, never heard them called that but a perfect name for them. I saw a cobalt blue one recently but no hanger. I love our collection. Love your collection of pictures, too!! Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a happy collage :) so summery! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nanc and Ana; there was minimal effort to do this..

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..