Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Art and meaning....

This week's Haiku Heights challenge is the word 'meaning'


To me  Frida Kahlo's kitchen table symbolizes how much we center our lives around art
......and whether we know it or not, without it we might die..perhaps that is a stretch, but I don't think so when we think of the myriad forms of art we partake of everyday. We indulge ourselves with it.  No need for me to mention the ubiquitous sources of our pleasures as well as our consternation.  This started as one haiku and grew
a bit in length by the time I was satisfied...I think Diego would agree ;-).



Art means nourishment
 Steaming spirits deep inside
leap onto canvas


Its breath sustains us
wrought of sweet tribulation
drawn from sanguine bone
  
 Magnificent works
Sculpted, writ, measured, designed 
 fired into substance

Steeped bare essentials
Suffer the earth to drink God's
 fragrant cup of tea



by klr

17 comments:

  1. WOW...the picture came alive for me with your words :) Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! Frida was such an interesting person! Always admired her spirit! Love your words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How inspiring! Your words marry so beautifully with the image of abundance and beauty on the table. The impulses, patterns and traditions we take forgranted are always ripe with meaning. As are the rare blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Magnificent haiku ~ wonderful post ~~ thanks, namaste, (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post and haiku.
    I absolutely LOVE this image too!
    Wishing you a fantastic day!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very much enjoyed reading this. I agree that without art, life wouldn't be the same. As Abba once put it: "who could live without it, I ask in all honesty, what would life be, without a song or a dance what are we..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful haiku.. I especially admire the first one.. says a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..