Sunday, July 1, 2012

Painterly piece of digital art..with quote...

Photo Art Friday
I have been working on this for some time.  Between problems with the old computer and not 
taking many tutorials on texture, going by what I've learned as I've been blogging along here, this is 
what I came up with. The idea began with a quote challenge, but I was not ready.  I first superimposed the image of the woman in Berthe Morisot's impressionistic painting, Reading (1874)  and a gramophone separately onto the scene (which is a view from my back yard looking south across the creek). \

 Using a "painterly finesse" texture of Bonnie's and then a Shakespearean texture, I tried to blend or fade them into one.  I erased the area where I wanted the focus because the various settings of opacity (overlay, multiply, normal,)  that I tried did not give me the desired result.......either too much light, not enough, or loss of lettering. I am using Pixlr only right now since Picnk closed, where I knew how to get the desired effect.   Then, of course, I added a 
favorite quote.  It's  a learning process...but it's fun to see ideas materialize 
on canvas, albeit digital ;-)  BTW, I won't be able to comment on other 'painters' blogs until tomorrow.




5 comments:

  1. You've created a lovely, pastoral scene katy. So dreamy. Isn't it fun to create fantasy scenes using photos of our own surroundings as the backdrop? It is a process of experimentation and I try to remind myself, when many things don't seem to work, that that, too, is still learning. So glad you persisted through the difficulties you encountered and are now able to share this painterly piece with Photo Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out very well. I am no expert on how to do things, but I know what I like and this is beautiful. I look forward to being able to explore work like this.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful composition, like a poem, with an excellent combination of soft colors and delicate, exquisite texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is fabulous! (and we shared a love of quotes!) I would never have known you hadn't taken any courses etc...this is an incredibly creative and beautiful piece of art! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a wonderful job on this!
    It looks like a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..