Sunday, November 6, 2011

Grass by water's edge...

Submitted to http://anasofiaeugenio.blogspot.com/  for the Earth Wonders challenge theme:
                                                       
                                                                   ~ BROWN ~



                     
I am taken by the various browns of this grass -  almost like wheat.  I should have made a Macro of one stem for a really good study of the hues.  In this view of Puget Sound from Day Island, a small community,  the top photo is SOOC and the one below it is enhanced by picnik.com effects to give it a more vintage look...almost sepia but with the center focus on color.  I'm adding the other two because they were in the same location.  And I love the door with the porthole window....and they all seem to go together.



9 comments:

  1. yay! so beautiful :) welcome to 'Earth Wonders'! thank you so much for joining in with such a beauty. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do all go together but my favorite one is the top one - just perfect!!! Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such wonderful photographs.
    I especially love the first one. It so beautifully composed, and the soft colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely and so peaceful. I like your edits too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the first two shots - that brown against blue! lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello kkkkaty, it's very nice to meet you. thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello, I truly appreciate that, and you've led me here. I visited briefly the other day but when I got a first glance I was so enthralled by your photos I decided I'd come back when I had more time to spend. so here I am. I'm in love with your "Downward Dahlia" photo!!! I love them all. you're very creative, and I also like what you wrote in your profile. not taking life too seriously was something I learned later in life too - and it's never too late to have a happy childhood, as Tom Robbins said. happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you, too, Ms. Becky. I'm assuming you will get this response....I was really surprised by the dahlia pic...I couldn't believe it came SOOC like that! I'm glad you will be coming by from time to time. There is so much to explore, so I feel fortunate to have gathered a handful of followers. Thank you and happy day to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what lovely shots, these are great.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..