Saturday, November 19, 2011

Color bursts...


Photo Art Friday ~

For today my best intention was to read a tutorial on texture in photos.  However, I went back to picnik, and played with a few effects with this photo I took SOOC of a pink dahlia (right).











First I added a simple soft border.....then 'puddled' or 'rippled' it for this artsy result:












Then I made a 'waterfall' of pixels and a hypnotic setting for this original  kaleidoscope effect. (Below) For the last one I used black, white and sepia tones and the cross process with color focus at the center for a vintage look:

With the upcoming holiday there will be little time,  but I will have something else to share for that occasion. In the meantime, please visit the other outstanding photos submitted to Pixel Dust Studio this weekend:

Photo Art Friday


                     http://www.pixeldustphotoart.com/

7 comments:

  1. I love your play results! I'm wondering how you accomplished that kaleidoscope effect. my favorite is the cross process and de-saturated photo. it's very rich. thanks for your suggestion about the sepia on that shadow shot. I may play around more with that this afternoon. Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what these photo-editing programs can do with pixels?!!! I love the selections you made especially the last one with the vintage look. So glad you shared these with Photo Art Friday kkkkaty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your examples are great! Think maybe I need to try out picnik!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to try out Piknik too, I love the kaleidoscope effect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Picnik FUN! - I like your last edit the best. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are all amazing processings; wonderful image composition to begin with. thanks so much for sharing, kareninkenai (PAF)

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..