Sunday, November 27, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday...

First, I must tell those who are familiar with or who visit my blog that I made a huge mistake while fine tuning the template design yesterday!!  I accidentally removed most or all of my  blog photos!  I thought I was simply moving them from my profile page only ;- (  -  I have of course sent my request for help but it may not arrive quickly or I may have to start all over re- loading them to the previous 60 or so posts...grrr. I  will hope they can be retrieved more easily than going to all that work again.  Or, I will just begin again!  


And so today I found myself scavenging through past and present photos for something to submit for my first entry to this popular websites' challenge.  These will have to suffice as I am indeed needing to replenish my stash. The objective is to choose photos that show our interpretations of the 5 word prompts given this week:
                                                                                           


1.  Waiting


Obviously this antique clown doorstop is waiting for a little boy or girl to buy one of his balloons...why do they have sad faces?  This photo is not original but is from an eBay seller's page.




2.  Foliage


I am ignorant of this tree's name and unfamiliar with it's fall blooms which I captured last week.  It does remind one of cotton, though.
   
















3.  Candid


My daughter did not know her picture was being taken at the time while with friends in Las Vegas.... 

                          
4.  Knife, fork, or spoons


I chose this pretty Mozelle grape patterned silver plate ladle which is a favorite of mine.                                                                                                               

5.  Rule of the Thirds

A common choice perhaps, but the ocean is always a good example  because of the layers of land, sea, and sky..plus
it is a favorite place of mine.




Scavenger Hunt Sundayhttp://thebook-readersblog.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. THe last one doesn't seem common at all in its looks, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with the ocean tops my list- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foliage photo looks like an interesting tree. Thankfully we can enjoy plants without having to know their names too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful photographs for the prompts.
    I especially love the one of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..