Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Breathless in Washington...


Breathe of Spring
by klr

Sun, rain, storms and hail
scent of spring everywhere
 Glum is not the word

Fair days are ahead
Engage in every sense
 her regalia



* Just this morning, I typed the 100th post of this blog!!  
It is about the World's Fair in 1962 in Seattle. 
Amazing to me... 
* Also, it was last July when I stepped out of my comfort zone and became a blogger.  
In the blog description it says I am 64, but that is about to change as I turn 65 at the end of the month.  And beginning tomorrow, March 21, I will be taking a brief hiatus, a breather, from blogging, and will return right after Easter.  In the interim I will have minor surgery and read, photograph, write,  and observe as spring indeed arrives in her splendor.  It is a pleasure meeting, exchanging, and having each one of you visit The Eyrie Road and I look forward to more visits in the future..

My, time does fly, doesn't it?

6 comments:

  1. I love your poem. And, the picture of your present day house. If you are in Seattle that is a rare glimpse of sun shining down upon it. I have my comments set to "comment approval" rather than the word verification. It's so darn hard to read those pesky things. I'm not really sure why it was sent back to your email. One of those computer things I can't understand at all I suppose. But, I did get your comment(s) and published on my blog. Thank you for your kind words and best wishes for your little bloggy break and surgery. Hopefully you will heal well and quickly and be back before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recover. I do hope you enjoy your blogging break. It sounds like you have some enjoyable things planned - reading, writing, shooting - all great for re-charging. I trust that spring is in full swing in your part of the country. Soak up its beauty, too!
    We have finally lost most all our snow and ice went off the lake yesterday. I'm so ready for this change of season!
    Thanks much for stopping by. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing you well during your surgery and break. the "pause" cleansed my palette and was wonderfully insightful. I truly enjoyed it. I look forward to your return, and congratulations on your 100th post. Enjoy your self time - it's a gift to be treasured. happy spring to you Katy. take good care now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white picture!! Of course the bird is always a favorite, real or paper :-)!! N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your hiatus, Katy -- and happy birthday. Hope the surgery goes well and you have many wonderful photos and tales to share when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I surely hope you are doing well, and I look forward to your return.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..