Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Photo sharing...Rolling on...

Today is the last day Lisa at  The Creative Exchange will have her Monday showcase
of photo art and many people are going to miss her.  Thank you, Lisa, for giving us the
opportunity to experiment and dare to break new ground individually via your web site.  Still a beginner and perhaps always the amateur, I am glad I discovered it when I
did and was able to participate for awhile. 
 Good luck, Lisa.
 *** The errors from yesterday ought to have been corrected now...


  During a sun break between hail storms yesterday, I snapped these photos of the swelling, drifting 
creek in my back yard which is full of debris still from the ice storm.. much of it coasted 
downstream, but what remains would be a great location for an ingenious beaver to build a 
dam, but I've never seen one here. The ducks and geese and occasional heron like to feed from the
 landing that the branches provide to the middle of the stream.




I wanted to share the broader view 
of the creek in one direction, two closer views at the "island", and then the final shot of a fallen twig being bashed by the continual little waves, careening and bouncing themselves westwardly into nearby Gravelly Lake. I simply adjusted the contrast and exposure of the top three photos.















I took the liberty of enhancing he
 last shot with picnik.com; you can clearly see all colors of the rainbow, as is true everywhere in nature. However, I really think I should have filmed a short clip of the small branch's fight, splashes all around, creating an enjoyable  babbling melody...
why didn't I think of that?














7 comments:

  1. I found your blog and I liked the content. From today I am a follower of yours, if you want to invite you to visit my blog, if you like it, I would like to have you as a follower on my blog to keep in touch.
    For the translation, I have helped Google Translator
    With warm regards.
    Manoli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. El gusto es mio para ver tus fotos y seguir tu blog...parece que tenemos intereses semejantes y apreciacion del arte de decor y otras...regreso para leer mas. Me encanta Espana pero no conozco Barcelona..en 1998 manejamos por todo el reste del pais en auto..que linda pais.
      Gracias, Manoli.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so very much Kathy, for being a part of The Creative Exchange.
    I will surely still see you here!

    P.S. It may just be my browser, but I cannot view the first 3 images here. Sure do love the 4th one though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty shot. I too can't see your first three shots. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret; I will take of that tomorrow ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that last shot of the swirling water. Such interesting textures and colours. You might like to share your work on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..