Friday, June 9, 2017

Periwinkle skies















dversepoets.com
Victoria has asked us to write using the Lai form of poetry today, a nine line stanza or verse with the short 5 or 2 syllable lines. I expanded it to several more lines.
Image result for images periwinkle sky



Sayer,
With my hazel eyes
I see the sunrise

layers,
and I theorize
the Universe' size.

Sailors'
silken moons arise;
romanticize,

players
immortalized in
periwinkle skies

Prayers, 
stories of our lives, 
hopes, dreams realized

Paler
stars found, a surprise
novas rhapsodize

Nature
mourns, decries the why's
of lost butterflies


















19 comments:

  1. "Nature
    mourns, decries the why's
    of lost butterflies"
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I don't know where that came from??;)

      Delete
  2. I like how you played with the form and how the poem ends with a sad note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Immortalized players - wonderful image! This is simply beautiful, Kathy - Poem on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upside down lais! So clever, and making me want to try. Great word pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you flipped the form - so clever and so beautifully done. This one is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, this is just stunning. Like the other Victoria, I love the upside down use of the form--very effective for this poem. That last stanza got to me. Life is so fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a lot of energy in this poem with its vibrant images!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially liked the last stanza with the lost butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is flipping the form another version of the form? Clever either way. Lovely word-smithing. You had me at /periwinkle skies/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely write about the mysteries of nature. Love the last lines especially. 😊

    -imelda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually I think I love the flipped version better... I just hope we can save the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ending part is so sad with the lost butterflies ~

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..