Friday, August 18, 2017

Summer Nights











































After a July break we are back to writing over at  dversepoets.com  and we are writing sonnets today.
dVerse





























 Summer Nights


In this burning summer of new love unfolding,
I watch you waist deep in water cobalt blue
Swimming, you wrap coconut oiled arms around me
We hide behind tall rocks and kiss.

Across the sky you will fly, and I could die
missing you, just days away from fall leaves turning.
Wet, damp sand i my hair smothers your face
Ocean foam ripples down my spine

It isn't fair clouds move more rapidly on our beachwalk
Remembering smokey warm summer nights
I'll find you in my dreams of yesterday

The light in my eyes will never reach you
when you leave me sitting here on a driftwood log
Thoughts of your lemony kisses hang in mid air






.




14 comments:

  1. "Thoughts of your lemon drop kisses hang in mid air" Ah, the sour-sweet memories will live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poignant note with such beautiful imagery...'driftwood log' & 'lemon drop kisses' capture my heart....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to like here--an incredible love sonnet top to bottom--rife with passion, spiced with sadness--your younger self. or protagonist, the beauty, the vision we men always hoped to encounter. It somehow captures a summer of love like a chronicle of both sensuality and temporal contentment; a sterling poetic as you reinvigorate your muses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the sweetness of the memories and so much to sense in those lemon drops... a beautiful sonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the nostalgia of the parting in the end ~ Lemon drops kisses are sweet ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last line is a killer.... beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bittersweet...the lemon drop kisses. A lovely sonnet indeed. Beauty in every line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeously romantic.I particularly love the lemon drop kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that first stanza with it's strong opening line and clear imagery, it's a good setup for the rest of the sonnet. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This leaves me feeling wistful about fleeting moments with her and what could have been. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is sadness in finding someone in yesterday's dreams.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..