Thursday, April 27, 2017

Three Limericks



















dVerse
dversepoets.com           Happy to try my hand at Limericks today. Some people are quite gifted at writing these little gems.

.

Sometimes

I like that words were given meaning
so much that I wake up from dreaming
Sometimes, thinking causes me grief
thinking of nothing brings me relief
I'm writing this while I am sleeping

Moonlight

Once upon a moonlit April night,
stars slipped behind clouds in and out of sight
What I didn't set out to find
I found - I am loved for my mind
not just a gal out flying a kite

Kate

There once lived a queen, Katherine the Great
Everyone loved her, dubbing her "Kate"
All the king's horses and all the king's men
spied her one night practicing Zen
Thereafter, she was not allowed to date






14 comments:

  1. That was a boy named fred
    his mind was a bit of a dread
    but with a chisled face
    he won the race
    Well, as long as he makes all the bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, that was suppose to be "There was a boy named "Fred"". And it is a limerick in contrast to your woman loved for her mind -- Fred wasn't, you see.

      Delete
  2. I almost thought of looking up Catherine the Great when I realized your name was Kathy. Nice limerick which mysteriously ties Zen with not being able to do something that rhymes with Kate. Fuel for the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of writing words while sleeping. Great limericks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleepwriting... that would be the best title for a book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you 'think' of nothing?Loved the Zen Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many men beg--Kiss Me Kate,
    and Kathryn was really great
    at picking the handsome ones,
    with the chiseled buns,
    though one became her mate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Love that last one the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Kate limerick especially ... and the ones in the comments, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice - i appreciate a good limerick cause i really cannot write them myself - even though i have tried several time - so - hat off to you

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..