Saturday, July 16, 2011

San Juan Capistrano - Exercise on "Joy"





















It is the third week of the creativity class offered by Simply Hue blogger Vicki Dvorak and we are to draw, paint, or otherwise show our own idea of the meaning of the word "joy'.  There is a certain revelry, exaltation or gladness one feels when watching these lithesome birds fly.

Every May the swallows return to San Juan Capistrano near San Diego. I did not see them when I took these pictures there in the summer of 2008. However, the last several years swallows have arrived here in Lakewood in June...in my backyard!! I have a creek behind my house and they love to soar with the breeze every morning and evening.   Have you ever tried to film these birds...not easily done! Hundreds play, swoop, and dive toward the water to get a quick drink. For a couple of weeks, they give me so much joy and pleasure as they fly so close to me; it seems they are here for my own private show!!

5 comments:

  1. must be awesome, Kathy :) there is always peace in your collages. love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love of swallows come through with this - I can see in my mind's eye them swooping at your creek :-)!! Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully done! Love all of the photos and the overall composition that you have created. The center picture has a wonderful warmth to it that just draws you in.

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..