Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beauty


"Beauty is truth, truth beauty."                                                Keats

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."                 Confucius

"People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed if there is a light from within."   Elizabeth Kubler Ross
                                                                                                                        

"Beauty is the shadow of God on the universe"                      Gabriela Mistral

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, she is beautiful because you love her."       
                                                                            Rogers & Hammerstein

"To me, fair friend you never can be old.  For as you were when first your eye I eyed, such seems your beauty still."                                                                              Shakespeare

At first I tried to draw or sketch a baby for this exercise to be truly creative.  The result did not please me as much as I would have liked.  So I am posting one of my favorite vintage watercolor paintings by Philadelphian Bessie Gutmann in (1876-1960) Certainly there is no shortage of baby photos and art of children to choose from.  It seems to me there is nothing more beautiful than an innocent newborn baby.

3 comments:

  1. Great selections of beauty quotes and Gutmann does the best babies!! Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your drawing :) the quotes are very inspiring. wise choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this watercolor, Kathy, and you write soooo beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..