Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One's own studio or office...

The discussion prompt yesterday was about studios and how we would design one that would express our originality.  Well, I commented on this, as every time I see this movie I pause it to better see this soft place with hushed tones.  This is the only photo I could find of the set in the movie "Somethings Gotta Give" with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson from where she writes her plays.  In the daytime, the window view is of sand dunes and the ocean.  The desk is long, however not very practical, I admit.  There are no bookshelves. To me, it's the setting, just off the bedroom, so one could hurry and take notes when a dream or idea wakes you and needs recording.  I loved all the photos that Vicki put on the lesson as examples and would probably go for the one with the piece of wood attached to the wall and clipboards, notes, and art covering the wall. I may take a picture yet of my office, as it is a good space, but cluttered now and not ready for show.  And now back to this week's projects and to see what my fellow classmates are up to ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I adore this room...I can see what it would be your ideal spot to dream and create, Kathy. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..