Wednesday, April 2, 2014

NaPoWriMo Poem #1





HOT COFFEE



Coffee to go, slice of banana bread
early morning class; need to clear my head
Sandwich board sign stands outside by the drive 
"Going out of business" - thought it would thrive
Cars in front of me rely on them, too
What had happened to cause them to be through?
I in my winter scarf still, felt saddened
I ordered and asked her what had happened
She asked me what day it was; I answered
April 1- that's when she said "April Fools!"
I laughed, said it was the best prank I'd seen
in a long time, told her I was relieved
Thank goodness any morning I need one,
I can rely on them still, fresh coffee, hot
scent of which my brain finally received

Happy April Fools Day NaPoWriMo

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I would have taken the joke so well in my pre-caffeine morning routine. cute write and a nice start to NaPoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...i think i would have been sad...
    i need my coffee...and i hate to see those reliable places
    disappear...

    ReplyDelete

All comments, constructive and otherwise, are welcome and appreciated here. Thank you to those who show an interest in my quirky style of writing, photography, painting, and presenting a feeling or thought and for stopping by A Dwelling by the Sea..